Peach CobblerCuisines: American
- Pie dish 8 x 8-inch (or slightly larger)
- Large saucepan
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F.
- Slice the peaches.
- Add peaches to the saucepan and cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the peaches start to release liquid.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the peaches are tender and the liquid is very thick and saucy.
- Transfer the peach mixture to the pie dish and set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted vegan butter, sugar, vanilla and soy milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir til the batter is thick like dough.
- Using your hands crumble the batter onto to cobbler.
- Then place the cobbler on the middle rack and bake for 30-40 minutes.